Personal Trainer Certification Prep Program
The goal of this program is to prepare you for a long-lasting and fruitful career as a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT); regardless of your educational and career background. With this program, you’re given all of the tools and resources needed to become a successful fitness professional and positively impact your client’s health and wellness.
Course 1 (3 weeks)
- Introduction to Sports Nutrition
- Defining and Measuring Energy
- Energy Systems and Exercise
- Water and Electrolytes
- Diet Planning and Supplementation
Course 2 (3 Weeks)
- Physical Activity and Society
- Applications to Kinesiology
- Principles of Aerobic Physical Activity
- Strength and Conditioning Principles
- Energy Balance and Body Composition
- Mental Health, Psychology, and Physical Activity
- Leisure time, Recreation, and Career Personal Training
Course 3 (6 Weeks)
- Physical Fitness and Wellness
- Behavior Modification
- Weight Management
- Cardiorespiratory Endurance
- Muscular Fitness
- Muscular Flexibility
- Personal Fitness Programming
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- Lifetime Fitness and Wellness
- Review Exercise Videos 1-23
- Review Exercise Videos 24-46
Course 4 (2 Weeks)
- Plyometric Training
- Health, Wellness, and Fitness Assessments
- Postural, Movement, and Performance Assessments
- Client Relations
Certification Preparation (2 Weeks)
- Certification Review and Prep Exercises
- Practice Exams
Course Total – 16 Weeks
Program Learning Objectives
- Identify and adhere to applicable professional standards and codes of conduct including business
and professional development practices.
- Recognize and apply exercise psychology and behavioral coaching techniques for a wide variety
- Identify concepts and structures of anatomy and physiology, human movement science, exercise
metabolism, nutrition, and supplementation.
- Select, perform, and interpret results from a client fitness assessment.
- Provide instruction and demonstrate proper exercise techniques for clients.
- Design client-specific exercise programs based on assessment results and client abilities.
Career & Certification
Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
For over 30 years, the National Academy of Sports Medicine has developed the most successful personal trainers in the fitness industry. Our NCCA-accredited personal trainer certification provides you with the most scientifically accurate information, all delivered in our revolutionary digital learning platform. If you want to become one of the best, most respected, and highest-paid fitness trainers, it’s as simple as getting certified online with NASM.
ACSM Certified Personal Trainer® (ACSM-CPT)
A personal trainer certification from ACSM means that you’ll have the practical and scientific knowledge to work in a variety of fitness facilities, including health clubs, gyms, university, corporate, and community or public fitness centers, and positions ranging from freelance personal training to full-time and beyond.
- Certified Personal Trainer
Career development with resume building and job placement assistance.
Students will have 6-months access to all the training material.
One certification exam fee is covered by us with tuition. *Ask for more details.
Scholarship Options Are Available
Students who enroll in MedCertify’s career training programs come from different backgrounds. Whether you’re a first-time student, recently unemployed or just seeking a new career, we provide different scholarship opportunities to help pay for your education. Please speak with one of our admissions representatives to discuss your scholarship options and opportunities.
The MyCAA (My Career Advancement Account) Scholarship is strictly for military spouses and is used as a workforce development program. In addition, the MyCAA scholarship provides up to $4,000 tuition assistance.
This scholarship will help military spouses cover the entire cost of courses at MedCertify as they pursue certificates and certifications necessary to gain employment in high-demand, high growth portable career fields, and occupations. Let an Admission Representative discuss the scholarship with you today!
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program provides qualifying soldiers with up to $4,000 in educational benefits. Soldiers can utilize these benefits to pay for all necessary books, supplies, and associated materials required for an approved training course and/or exam. Utilization of this program helps to increase the Soldier’s value to and competitiveness of the Army through helping Soldiers attain industry recognized credentials. Credentialing Soldiers helps to improve overall Army readiness through retention of quality Soldiers. This further enhances Soldiers career progression, and provides Soldiers with skills and capabilities reflective of civilian qualifications. Funding is provided for voluntary off-duty courses and/or exams leading to an industry-recognized academic or vocational credential listed in the Army CA website.
The Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA) implemented Priority of Service for all Veterans to provide scholarship assistance through SWAs, local WIBs, One‐Stop Career Centers, and other targeted grantees.
Priority of service means the right of veterans to take precedence over a non‐covered person in obtaining all employment and training services.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program offers scholarships to certain dislocated workers in the United States. Adults that have been terminated or laid off (including self-employed), eligible for or exhausted unemployment income and unlikely to return to industry or occupation are eligible for this scholarship.
Spouses of a member of the Armed Forces who lost employment due to permanent change in duty station or is unemployed, underemployed and has difficulty finding or upgrading employment may also be eligible.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a program developed by the U.S. Department of Labor to help improve the public workforce system and help low income adults and other eligible adults meeting certain criteria. WIOA also helps employers hire and retain skilled workers. MedCertify has partnered with the Department of Labor to offer courses that prepare students for national certification in the medical, business, and IT fields.